Glyphs and Murals in Goldmaster

We are at Goldmaster. In a few days, we'll be presenting Etherian Sol at Level Up in Toronto. It's been a long, stressful road, but we...

Library Playtest

Library Playtesting Session We started this week off by playtesting Etherian Sol at the local library, where anyone from the community...

Arting Everything Up

This week, a lot of art went in game. I would have like to have been implementing it over a longer period of time, but because of...

PlayTesting

Conducting a Formal playtest Objective: Conduct a formal playtest with a large enough of playtests for accurate and a variety of...

Riggin' away

Over the course of a week and a half the main character model was rigged and weight painted. The model is simple with no fingers or toes...

The Long Road to the End

We are now on the final push to finish the game. The final weeks are going to be dedicated to implementing finalized designs and fixing...

Building Up and Breaking the Temple

Jon pointed out that the verticality of the temple had been all but diminished in the new version, which meant that the grappling hook...

Temple Level Assets

This week was technically Reading Week, which meant that we were supposed to take a break, but instead, I focused on getting ahead. For...

Animations!

This week, I worked with Emma and Connor some more, but had to focus my own time on finishing major assignments for other classes. The...

Testing Textures

Connor and I began testing the textures, and it seems that the workflow I discussed last week works in every situation with only some...

Texture Pipeline Creation

I have been working to get all of the pieces into place to be iterated upon in game. All of the basic models needed for the temple have...

Process: Finalizing Level Design.

So this is about how I went about finalizing the final overall geometry of the level. First came upon settling some rough geometry that I...

Art Direction

Over the past few weeks, we have been working on creating assets and testing them in-game. Additionally, we have created a first draft of...